APPLICABLE ON THE se.eupati.eu PLATFORM
Read this policy carefully because it explains how we process personal data and it describes your rights and obligations towards the EUPATI Sverige, Funktionsrätt Sverige (hereafter: EUPATI Sweden).
1.3. To be able to make use of the Platform and/or to provide personal data to EUPATI Sweden, you need at least to have reached the correct age to be able to make use of the Platform. You confirm explicitly to have reached the correct age and to be at least 16 years old. EUPATI Sweden cannot be held liable for the consequences of the people who have not reached the correct age, although they claimed the contrary. EUPATI Sweden reserves the right, in case of discovery, to remove the personal data of these people and to deny them the use of the Platform.
2. Personal data you provide to us
2.1. When subscribing to the newsletter:
- identification details such as your e-mail, first name and surname, company name, job title, country of residence, etc.
2.2. When contacting us via the contact form:
- identification details such as your e-mail, first name and surname, country;
- reason for contacting EUPATI.
2.3. While visiting the Platform:
Electronic identification data:
- such as, for example IP-address, cookies (see article 9).
Do not forget to inform EUPATI Sweden about a modification of your personal data if this information is relevant to EUPATI Sweden. This modification can be transmitted via the contact data mentioned in clause 11.
3. Personal data we collect indirectly
3.1. Public data:
EUPATI Sweden sometimes processes public data, e. g. data subject to a publication obligation, or data that you yourself have made public, such as information on your social media profiles, website, or data that are generally known or accessible.
4. Objectives of the processing
4.1. General objectives:
EUPATI Sweden will use the collected personal data exclusively for the following purposes:
- Information listed under article 2.1. when subscribing to the newsletter, for the purpose to be able to provide you with the newsletter service matching your needs.
- Information listed under article 2.2. when contacting EUPATI Sweden via the contact form: for the purpose of providing information and background about your contact request to EUPATI Sweden, in order to be able to help you with your request.
- IP-address and cookies (see article 2.3.): for the care and the improvement of the Platform and the inclusion of personal data in anonymous statistics from which tracing the identity of specific people or companies is impossible, with as legal base the legitimate interests of EUPATI Sweden to continuously improve its Platform and services;
4.2. Transfer to third parties:
EUPATI Sweden will never pass on your personal data to third parties, except for the following cases:
- to technical service providers who deliver technical support as far as necessary for the technical services and to other party services providers (such as, but not limited to, lawyers, auditors, etc.) in general in so far as this is necessary for the professional services and/or if they are obliged, on the basis of a legal stipulation or a judicial sentence.
EUPATI Sweden will reasonably try to inform you beforehand of the fact that EUPATI Sweden discloses your data to the mentioned third-party, but you also acknowledge that this is not under all circumstances technically or commercially feasible.
EUPATI Sweden will not sell nor rent, distribute or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to third parties, except as described above or unless with your prior consent.
4.3. Legal requirements:
In rare cases, it is possible that EUPATI Sweden must disclose your personal data due to a court order or to respond to other obliging legal regulations. EUPATI Sweden will reasonably try to inform you beforehand, unless it is subject to any legal limitation.
5. Duration of the processing
The personal data are kept by us and processed for a period that is necessary in function of the objectives of the processing such as described in article 4 of the contractual relation between EUPATI Sweden and you, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law:
- Information listed under article 2.1. when subscribing to the newsletter, for the purpose to be able to provide you with the newsletter service for unlimited duration, with a possibility to unsubscribe at any time.
- Information listed under article 2.2. when contacting EUPATI Sweden via the contact form: for the duration of the requested provision of services and according to the applicable legislation (maximum duration: 5 years after the submission of the contact request);
- IP-address (see article 2.3.): for the duration of your visit to the Platform;
- The mentioned personal data are in any case recorded according to the specific legal requirements and limitation periods that oblige us to keep your personal data for a longer time, e.g. to defend ourselves against legal claims.
6. Your rights
6.1. Right of access and inspection:
Via the Platform you dispose of the possibility to get at any time and for free information about your personal data and the use that EUPATI Sweden makes of them.
6.2. Right of correction, elimination and limitation:
You are free to communicate or not your personal data to EUPATI Sweden, except for a number of mandatory legal data in case of registration and use of the Platform. Besides, you always have the possibility to correct, complete or eliminate your personal data. You acknowledge that, if you do not fill in some data, or eliminate them later, some services and products may be not (no longer) available. You may also request to limit the processing of your personal data.
6.3. Right to object:
You also have a right to object to the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you are always entitled to oppose to the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such case, you do not have to give any reason.
6.4. Right of free data transfer
You have the right to obtain your personal data processed by us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form and/or transfer these to other controllers.
6.5. Right of withdrawal of consent:
In as far as the processing is based on your consent, you dispose of the right to withdraw this consent.
6.6. Exercise of your rights:
See articles 9.4 and 11 on the procedure and who to contact to exercise your rights.
6.7. Automatic decisions and profiling:
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, and neither will you be subject to automatized decisions.
6.8. Right to file a complaint.
You dispose of the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority. For Sweden this is:
Phone: +46 (0)8657 61 00
E-mail: [email protected]
104 20 Stockholm
This leaves intact the possibility of seeking relief before a civil court.
Prior to filing a complaint, we invite you to contact us in order to find a speedy solution for your issue.
If you suffer damage as a consequence of the processing of your personal data, you can file a claim for compensation.
7. Security and confidentiality
7.1. We have developed security measures fitted on technical and organisational level to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorized access or communication by accident to third parties of collected personal data, and any other unauthorized processing of these data.
7.2. Under no circumstances, EUPATI Sweden can be held liable for any direct or indirect damage derived from an incorrect or unlawful use of the personal data by a third-party. EUPATI Sweden has ensured that, when it calls on third parties for the processing of personal data, these third parties will be bound by the same rules.
7.3. You must at all times comply with the security rules, amongst others by preventing any unauthorized access to your login and code. You are therefore the only responsible for the use made from the Platform of your computer, IP-address and of your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
8. Access by third parties
8.1. To be able to process your personal data, we give access to your personal data to our employees or agents.
9.1. What are cookies?
A “cookie” is a small file sent by the server of EUPATI Sweden and placed on the hard disk of your computer / smart phone. The information registered on these cookies can only be read by us and only during the duration of the visit to the Platform.
9.3. The Platform only uses the following cookies:
- Cookie to store your font size preference.
- Cookie to store your contrast preference.
- Authentication cookies: ‘Remember me’ Identification of the user when he/she is logged in.
For cookies placed by third parties (e.g. Google Analytics) we wish to refer to the declarations of these parties on their respective websites. Please note we do not have any influence on the contents of these declarations, neither on the contents of the cookies of these third parties: Google Analytics cookies.
9.4. Your consent:
The European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation
172 27 Sundbyberg
More information about cookies can also be found on: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
More information concerning on-line behavioural advertising and on-line privacy can be found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ .
10. Applicable law and competent court
11. Contact us
If you have questions as a company or private person concerning how EUPATI Sweden deals with your data, do not hesitate to contact us by post to the address:
The European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI)
172 27 Sundbyberg
Or via e-mail on [email protected]
As we keep or process your personal data, you do have certain rights (see Article 6). If you want to make use of these rights, send us a registered letter to the above-mentioned address. In order to protect your privacy, we hereby ask to add a copy of the front side of your ID-card.